Saturday, February 23, 2013

An Early Birthday!

Elizabeth's Birthday is on Thursday this week and wouldn't you know it Josh and I have Blue and Gold that we are in charge of on that day, so we asked Elizabeth if we could celebrate her birthday on another day. She is so sweet that she said yes and she picked today, because it was the last Saturday in the month of February! Apparently you can not celebrate your birthday on a Saturday that is NOT in your birthday month!!! I am so happy that I have a kid that will explain all of the rules of life to me with such conviction!!! So I woke up this morning and she wanted french toast for her birthday breakfast, but not just any french toast Grandma Tippetts french toast with her syrup. I dragged myself out of bed and off to the store to get some key ingredients needed for the rest of the day. Just so she could have her Grandma Tippetts french toast! After, I started on her cake. Elizabeth asked to have a barbie cake with a blue dress. I think she turned out pretty good, and she even tasted good too.
When it was time to put the candles in we were not really sure where they should go. So we stuck them out the side of the dress and just hoped that they didn't catch the doll on fire. 
After she sat in the traditional birthday chair in front of all of us to open her gifts and of course wearing her birthday crown...oh and pajamas...yes we hadn't gotten out of our pajamas yet!
For dinner Elizabeth got to pick any place that she wanted us to go out to eat. She picked China Isle, one of Josh's favorite places...He is starting to have way too much influence over this kid's eating preferences!
I just can't believe that my little girl is going to be 9 this week. She is growing up so fast and I just love the girl that she is growing into!

1 comment:

  1. Boy do I feel honored! I didn't know my French toast was anything special. She is a sweetie. Love the Barbie cake! You did an awesome job. That is one impressive cake! Happy birthday Elizabeth! I can't believe it was 9 years ago we drove to California to meet our beautiful little girl. Where has the time gone? Does she have a new favorite princess and color this year? Maybe she has outgrown that tradition.

    ReplyDelete