Friday, February 22, 2013

Hero Of The Week!

Elizabeth's class has what is called Hero of the Week, where a student is celebrated the whole week long. It starts on Friday and goes to the next Friday. You have to make a poster all about yourself. Elizabeth asked me to help her with her poster so she choose the pictures and I helped with her name. Then, and you all should be VERY proud of me, I let her write ALL the information that she wanted on her poster. Now if you know me or have ever made a poster or banner with me know that I can get a bit controlling about how the project turns out. This is why I make Josh help with the major school projects, I usually end you yelling at the poor kid in complete frustration....I never said I was perfect and the first step is recognition! So letting her write everything out took ALL of my self control, which may of slipped a few times, but she got it done and I think it turned out cute. 
Today I took the poster into the classroom with cookies, which Elizabeth told me was required and the teacher said I didn't have to but it was a smart way to get me to bring in cookies. The whole class sits in a somewhat circle and Elizabeth sits in the center. They all have to go around the circle and say something that they like about Elizabeth! I LOVED this!!! There was of course a few strange remarks that she has nice bangs, but the majority of things that they said about her was that she was kind, a good friend, thoughtful, nice, funny, creative, ALWAYS considerate of other people, and so on. Now I know that they have to say something nice, but to hear such wonderful things about my kid, just melted my heart and I really tried hard not to run over to her and hug her and cry, because she is all of those things. She has the sweetest spirit! After all  of the niceties she stood up in front of the class to tell all about her poster and about her favorite things, then the class gets to ask her any question they have about her. I loved watching my little girl stand up in front of her class with confidence! She is growing up so fast! Then she passed out her cookies that she so cleverly got me to bring and that was the start to her Hero Week. I hope that she has the best week!

1 comment:

  1. This is amazing. She is one talented girl and did a great job with the labeling of her pictures. I love this activity and miss doing it in the classroom. Thanks for the good memories.

    ReplyDelete