Saturday, February 16, 2013

Our Day of LOVE!

Valentines day was a VERY busy day for me. (let me just say next year when I get the bright idea to sign up for room mom somebody just shoot me!) The girls had their Valentine parties at school. I was in charge of Elizabeth's so I couldn't go to Abby's party, which I heard about from Abby! Before the parties I stood in line with all the men at see's candy to get my man a box of chocolates. I love the fact that Josh loves chocolate more then me...it just brings a smile to my face. After getting my Valentine a Valentine I took it over to the office to give it to him and join him at their work Valentine lunch. I also got all the workers in the office a Valentine pooping cow. The cow poops out Valentine candies. I love America that you can find during any holiday some sort of animal that poops that  holiday's candy out!!! They all loved it! Then it was off to Elizabeth's party. I had four stations. One was to make these very cute candy kabobs, that I got off of pinterest. I forgot to take pictures of the kabobs that the kids made but here is the picture that they sort of resembled...
They were very cute. I loved seeing what the kids came up with. Another station they made homemade Valentines, but the catch is they had to make them for people in the school, i.e. the lunch ladies, the janitors, the librarian, the ladies in the office, to name a few that they made them for. Then there were two stations that had minute to win it Valentine games to play. After they passed out their Valentines and decorated a heart cookie. These kids had SO much candy that they were bouncing off the walls! I was SO tired after I just wanted to go home and lay down but no that wasn't in the cards for me just yet Elizabeth had piano lessons that I had to take her to and wait for her to be done.
Side note: Yesterday Elizabeth was telling me that she couldn't wait to be a grown up. I told her to be happy with being a kid because she doesn't really have any responsibilities right now. She looks at me and says, "Adults don't have any responsibilities!" I say, "Um...Yes they do." She comes back with, "You don't...what do you do!" WOW......you have to love kids they just put you in your place, which is somewhere at the end of the line!
Josh made the executive decision for us all to go out to dinner! I love this man!!! As we were driving around trying to decide where to eat somehow the girls won out and we ended up at Chuck-E-Cheese!!! I know of all places but the girls had fun playing on all the games and that is what is really important I guess.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is a very lucky class to have you as a room mother. You always do such fun things with them. I think next year's teachers will be out recruiting you. Pizza is always a good treat. Guess we need to all be more responsible, huh!!

    ReplyDelete