Sunday, May 29, 2011

Piano Lessons!

Last month my parents bought us a new piano so that the grandkids could start to learn how to play. Elizabeth will start lessons the beginning of June. I decided that I really wanted to learn how to play. I took lessons when I was a kid for only about a year and have retained nothing! So I found myself a teacher and started my lessons! Once a week I gather my piano books up and go to my lessons. I practice everyday and often make Josh sit and listen to me play at which he claps with the proper amount of enthusiasm for all of my mess ups and "hold on let me play that just one more time I can do that better"! Bless his heart! My goal is to someday be able to sit down at a piano and be able to just play. I figure it might take me just a little bit more time. But anyway mine and Elizabeth's first recital will be at the end of the summer. I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I can't believe you are looking forward to a recital. That's what made me quit lessons when I was a kid. I just couldn't take all those people looking and listening to me. Have fun practicing. I want a mini recital when I see you.

    ReplyDelete