Sunday, May 29, 2011

Easter 2011

Easter morning the girls wake up and always find a trail of M&M's to find their baskets, this is Josh's tradition and of course he picks the candy type! The girls were so excited that the Easter bunny came a brought them surprises.




These are the girls Easter dresses you can't really see them because it is too cold here to wear anything without putting on a sweater or jacket. You have to love Utah's idea of spring!

We went over to my parents house to have a VERY yummy dinner with them and my grandma who was in town. I always love holidays for the yummy food!After dinner we always have some sort of sit down to sing a few songs and my dad likes to ask each of the kids what the true meaning of the holiday is to see how much us parents are teaching them. I was so proud to hear Elizabeth's answer she knew what Easter was really about (thank heavens for good primary teachers that remembered to teach that lesson in church earlier!) Abby on the other hand knew it had something to do with a bunny and candy! We are still working with that one. Oh and if you are wondering what is wrong with Elizabeth in this picture she is pouting because we made her sit with the little kids and she is thinking she is too big to be doing that! (Just one more thing she can tell her therapist)


After the program we went out side to hunt for eggs. I always love this part. I remember with fond memories of doing this at my grandmas and grandpas house and they would always put in a couple of eggs some money, I of course never was to one to find those eggs it was always Celeste, surprise surprise, but I remember the excitement of maybe being the one. So we too follow in that tradition and place some money in some of the eggs. I always cheat a little and like to make sure the littlest one gets at least one of those!




After everything we celebrated Isabelle's birthday which was on Easter this year. We had ice cream cake in the shape of a bunny!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Easter and a birthday - fun times. Yes, the candy trail was always a hit at our house. I'll have to see their dresses. They look beautiful. What fun memories you are making.

    ReplyDelete