Saturday, December 7, 2013

Mexico/Thanksgiving

A few days before Thanksgiving Josh and I went on a Cruise to Mexico while the girls stayed with Mark and Trudy. It was just a quick trip away, but we had so much fun! We left for Vegas on Friday night and stayed with Mark and Trudy for a night before Josh and I made our way down to California on Saturday. We stayed in a Double Tree and got cookies, yes I pick my hotel rooms according to the cookies given at check in!
And yes I ate both cookies, they had walnuts in them so Josh didn't want his! At check in I must of gotten so excited about my cookie that the girl at the front desk told me that I could have more if I wanted. Not wanting to look like a pig I declined, but honestly only because I knew that Josh wasn't going to want his! It was a good start to the vacation! That night we went out with my good friend from childhood Jenny and her cute little boy! We met them for dinner. After Josh even took me to a movie! Yes it was a "Christmas Miracle" that Josh sat through a movie and he even behaved! We saw the Hunger Games which I loved! The next morning we were off to the cruise, well first we had to stop by the office in California to use the computer to print off the boarding tickets and luggage tags...yes I was not prepared for this trip like other trips. I forgot everything including a camera. I had to use my phone which didn't take the best pictures but I got some!
While on the boat Josh and I went to all sorts of shows and games. And of course I LOVE BINGO! I know that I'm never going to win but I just LOVE playing. I think it's the OLD Lady in me that just can't get enough of it! And of course I'm always sad when I don't win, even though I know that I'm not going to...what can I say I'm a complicated individual!  After losing the first couple of games I got mad and made Josh finish! He didn't win either! We also went on a tour of one of the kitchens and they had these amazing watermelons.

Our ONE stop was in Ensenada, Mexico. When we got off the boat we decided to do a tour that took us Zip Lining and then to the Blow Hole! Zip Lining was SO fun! I really don't care for heights much but LOVED every minute! We Zipped through 5 lines and crossed 4 bridges, that were less then easy to cross! There were a few times that I thought to myself, "what are we doing up here...this is crazy"! I laughed so much that day it was lots of fun.  

Then it was off the the Blow Hole! Which we saw the last time we came here but it was fun to see it again. I thought that at least, because lets be honest I can't remember the last time we were here! We ate yummy taco's at the guides suggested place so that they were safe, and they were very good!
Every night for dinner we sat at a table of 6 with these two Great-Aunties that brought their Great-Niece and Nephew on this trip. These kids were so funny and the boy really took to Josh! We laughed and laughed at dinner with these very kind people. I love that about cruises, you meet the most fun people.
After to cruise we drove back to Vegas, but not before stopping at Miguel's Jr. Which I grew up with and LOVE, and josh just tolerates it for my sake!
While in Vegas we stayed down by the Strip at the Palsm Hotel and walked the strip with the girls. They wanted to go to the Paris, so that they could tell everyone that they went to Paris on their vacation!
Thanksgiving...Tippetts Style down at the church with the WHOLE family, well not all the Tippetts come but a big chunk of them show up.
They always have a jumping house and sumo suits for the kids to play with, and of course in true Tippetts style the adults have to try it out first!
The day after Thanksgiving we had the brilliant idea to take all the kids to see the new Disney Movie, which was so much fun to be with everyone, after of course we threatened a few of the kids lives to sit still and be quiet! Josh of course skipped out of this movie with the excuse of being sick!
It was a really fun week with family and just being with Josh is always fun for me!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! There were a lot of activities packed in that week. We loved having the girls for a few days. They are always fun and just like Mary Poppins - practically perfect in every way. It is always fun having you visit - you need to do it more - hint hint. Glad you had a fun and relaxing time on the cruise. Don't forget our very short yet profitable Black Friday shopping. haha

    ReplyDelete