Monday, April 9, 2012

School Easter Parties

This last Friday was both Elizabeth's and Abby's School Class Easter Party. Abby's was first in the morning. I was a half of an hour late to it because I thought it started at 11am but no it started at 1030. So I showed up late with my supplies and got to work on my egg decorating station. I know I was thinking mother of the year too, but what is new! Abby was so excited that I showed up she had been telling her teacher that I was coming.
SIDE NOTE: I was talking with Abby's teacher and she was telling me about how Abby really loves the monkey bars. I told her that I know she gives me the monkey bar report every day after school. Mrs. Godfrey (her teacher) went on to tell me how impressed she was of Abby that she has been watching her everyday at recces and at the beginning of the year Abby would just stand their and stair at the monkey bars. She wouldn't go on anything else she would just watch the monkey bars. Then she started to try the monkey bars and it has taken her all year but now she can go forwards and backwards and even skip a bar. She told me that she has not seen a kid with that much focus and determination to get something done in a long time. And that she was amazed that she didn't give up or get distracted by other things to play on. It was interesting to hear about her from her teacher's perspective.
So anyway these are some pictures from Abby's Easter Party...

This is the best room mom ever she goes all out for class parties. I got her to dress up like a bunny for this one by just mentioning that it would be cool if she did!This is Kate, it may not look like it but Abby just loves Kate!Here is the whole class with the Easter Bunny. Abby told me that it wasn't the real Easter Bunny because she could see her hair and that it was Kennedy's mom, I'm so glad she cleared that up for me!Elizabeth's class party was in the afternoon and I wasn't late for that one! Yeah me! My sister Cory was so nice to come and help me out with my station. Her and another mom painted all the kids faces like bunnies while I helped them make bunny ears with some of the other parents.
SIDE NOTE about Elizabeth: I have learned that her friends at school don't call her Elizabeth they call her Lizzy, but she has told us that she doesn't want to be called Lizzy at home, she doesn't mind it at school with her friends but we could call her Beth! I have tried to call her this but it just doesn't roll out of my mouth. I like the name Beth I think it's cute....I guess I just have to try a little harder!Her class went outside to have some bunny hop races. Before the race I took a class picture of them. Another party off the list of things to do...check. Both parties went well and the girls had fun.

1 comment:

  1. Love the side notes on both pictures. Very interesting. It's amazing what you can learn about your kids from others. You really go all out for parties in Utah. We don't do that here. :( Love both of the little bunnies!

    ReplyDelete