Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Lindon Elementary Walk-A-Thon

Last week was Lindon Elementary first Walk-A-Thon! The girls were so excited to do their walking. Each grade was assigned a different hour to walk around the track. At the end of their hour they got a Popsicle. Abby was up first in the day when I got to the school however I couldn't find her anywhere on the track. Knowing that I did drop her off for school I started to ask around what happened to her. She had fallen in the first lap and cut her knee and was sent to the office. By the time she came back out her grade was done walking\running around the track, and Abby was crying because she missed the whole thing. With a Popsicle and a promise to come back for sister's walking she got over it. We came back in the afternoon for Elizabeth's and walked with her. She complained the whole time that she was tired and didn't want to walk anymore. So I made her run around a few of the laps! We cheered her on and at the end they got Popsicles again and I watched my girls play on the playground. It was a really fun fundraiser.

1 comment:

  1. It can be very tiring to walk/run around the track. How funny. Glad Abby was able to earn her popsicle. At least they have their priorities straight. haha

    ReplyDelete