Wednesday, August 31, 2011

1st day of School!

Abby is in SCHOOL! Abby went to Kindergarten on Tuesday. She was SO excited. That morning she woke up early and had her outfit all picked out the night before ready for her to put on as soon as she got up and took her bath. I did her hair and she went down to eat breakfast when she came back up to me and said, "Mom, I don't know if I want this to be my first day outfit?" I said, "Ok, go change." Long ago I found that life is easier if you just let her wear what she wants to wear! She came back in with a new outfit, it was pants with a shirt that had a little girl on the shirt. I said, "Oh that's a cute outfit do you like that one?" She said, "Yes, This way if no one plays with me at school I will have a friend to play with!" and she pointed to the girl on her shirt! WOW! That is all I have to say about that. I think that she was most excited about riding the bus! This is Abby with her friend Kate Andersen. As they were waiting for the bus. They didn't really want to have anymore pictures taken of them. All the moms were out there at the bus stop taking picture after picture of their kids!
I followed the bus to the school to make sure Abby got to her class. Yes I'm that mom but I did have a point the school put on a cookies and tissues for the parents of the new kindergarteners. You drop your kid off and they get a cookie while you get some tissues! It was really cute. Abby just walked right into class and didn't look back! I have to admit I did shed a tear for my baby going off to school!

2 comments:

  1. The girls look so cute! I really like Abby's outfit. I don't think she will have any trouble finding someone to play with her. She is so cute with her big smile. I love the cookies and tissues idea. I am going to talk to my principal about it for next year! I must say I saw more mom's crying the first day that I did kids. Funny - huh??

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE, LOVE that story! Your Mom told it to me when I picked up the girls, oh I love lil Sally. And cookies & tissues?! how cute is that?! I totally cried both with both kids on their first day of Kindergarten.

    ReplyDelete