Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Traditions!

For the last few years it has been a tradition for the women in the Tippetts family to suffer the cold, the crowds, and go without sleep for the greater good of a SALE! These four little letters have driven women who would not normally fight over a $3.00 toy, become aggressive, determined hunters! I am speaking of the greatest sale day ever BLACK FRIDAY!We used to just get up around 3 am to make it to a few stores...What amateurs we were. We now have discovered that if we start about 9:30 pm the night before we can truly torture ourselves better! So about 9:30 pm on Thanksgiving we got bundled up in our warm comfortable clothes, (Comfort is essential if there is any running...which I am a tiny bit embarrassed to admit there was) and set forth our plans! We took two cars just in case someone couldn't last the duration of the event ( This is not for the weak!) We got to the outlets in high spirits. We have it down to a system. We shop for a while when we are getting close to being done someone (usually Trudy) stands in line while the rest of us finish going through the merchandise and then join the line when we are done! We did ok at the outlets, however I do feel bad for Laura we visited ALOT of kids stores and very little big people stores, needless to say I think that Laura was getting bored! After that we went over to ToysRUs but the line was already too long so we decided we would go eat! You must always remember to refuel when taking on a task like Black Friday! Denny's was open so around 1:30 am or so we sat down to eat! By the end of our meal Laura was falling asleep and her journey was over. She went home and the rest of us were off to ToysRUs. Now you can always find improvements in any great plan, and next year we will be bringing "just in case" camp chairs and "just in case" blankets! We had to stand in line at Target for about an hour and a half! Can I just say Vegas gets COLD!!! By 5 am we were back awake and making our run for our assignments in Target! Yes I said run because we did run a little! Then we waited in line for another hour or so. After Target, with bags in hand we headed home!

I think that after every Black Friday we always say we don't think we want to do that again! But come next year we always do, it's tradition and you don't mess with tradition!

4 comments:

  1. Man, I'm coming to Vegas for Thanksgiving Next year...or least drive down for Black Friday. I have nobody to venture the insanity up here. And it's colder here. And people are crazier here about saving a dime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you hit the adventure on the head. It was great fun and I want to thank all the girls for letting an old lady tag along. You are all awesome. Tell Cory to come on down. Do you think anyone would notice a few more people at a Tippetts' Thanksgiving?

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA HAHAA!!! Love this post. You captured the true essence of BLACK FRIDAY! We always have too much fun! What a great tradition too... and can I say that I jumped when I saw that creepy picture of me wanting to claw my way through the windows! never know whats gonna happen during an all nighter with us girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK I am special. I tried to post 2 comments and they won't go trough. SO I am done. I just wanted to say all this cool stuff about your post but I am just in a bad mood now. It was good seeing you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete