Monday, June 23, 2014

A Little Bit of Family History

In Josh's family there is a blanket that is made. It started with Trudy's Dad's mom, Elna Nelson. She made ONE blanket for each family. Then Trudy made ONE blanket for each of the grandchildren. So my girls each have their own blankets, it is their blessing blankets. I wanted to learn how to make these blankets, so about a year or so ago I asked Trudy to teach me. I wanted to start some blankets for my grandchildren and have them before my hands got too bad with RA. I started and then my RA got bad and I stopped. Then a few months ago I decided to start again. It's amazing what a new baby in the family will motivate you to do. I wanted to finish it for Miss Olivia. So I started again, and this last week Trudy helped me finish it while we were down in Vegas. She finished the edge for me when my hands were hurting too much! So here is my finished project, and now on to the next one. I am now starting a blue and cream one... I can at least go a little slower on this one because I don't expect grandchildren anytime soon!

1 comment:

  1. You did such an amazing job on this!! Great Grandma Nelson would be proud. It is beautiful and I'm sure Miss Olivia and her parents will love it.

    ReplyDelete