Saturday, April 24, 2010

Spring Is Here...Finally!

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm not what you would call a green thumbed gardener! I think that it might be because I always forget to water and I hear that, that is an essential part of making things grow (that is just what I hear I'm not an expert by any means). So knowing this fact about me it is amazing that once a year I can pull of (and I'm tyring to be modest) a really good looking yard! Now, I do know that this is only because I don't have to do a single thing to make this happen, of course after I have planted the bulbs in the fall...wait let me correct this...after Josh has planted the bulbs in the fall! Anyway, the only reason I am sharing this is for my mother-in-law Trudy. She was up here when the bulbs were just coming up and wanted me to take pictures of the yard when it got pretty! So Trudy this is for you..P.S. It does look better in person.
Side Note/Story: So we have tulips and I have told my girls that the fairy's live in the tulips because they open in the mornings and close at night. My girls LOVE that we have fairy's living in our front yard! So about a week ago or so the girls were at my mom's house and this is the conversation that they had...
Elizabeth: Nana, Are you Indian?
My mom: Well I have some Indian in me.
Elizabeth: Because I'm half Indian! (Which for the record I never told her she is half she is only about 1/4 Indian)
Abby: Well I'm half Indian too and half Fairy!!!
Then I think she pretended to fly around!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the pictures. I can't believe you did this for me. Your yard is beautiful! I love the bright colors. You must have some of your Grandma's blood or it wouldn't look this pretty. I love the conversation. Fairy blood - hum. Which side of the family does that come from? Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA!!! Trudy just called Josh a fairy!!! baahaa, JK. (sort of)

    Your yard looks AWESOME!!! I LOVE the bright colors. Even Sydnee is jealous, she wants fairy's at her house. How about next fall you can come help me plant some bulbs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should win yard of the neighborhood! It looks lovely! :) And Queenie...you're only 1/4 fairy....and 1/4 demon. ;)

    ReplyDelete