Friday, April 9, 2010

A Little Bit of Culture

A couple of weeks ago the girls and I went to a Pow Wow at BYU. We met up with my sister and her family and Nicole and Bryn. I haven't been to one of these in years. Josh was out of town and missed out. The girls peppered me with questions about what everything was. Elizabeth asked me if you had to be an Indian to be able to go. It was a lot of fun. We watched the dancers and walked around the booths looking at all the stuff for sell. The girls were excited they got to pick out little Indian hair clips. The kids at one point went down on the main floor and danced with all the dancers. Let's just say I don't see a career for any of them in dancing... well maybe Deacon he was getting the beat pretty good. While we were there we saw my Auntie and Cousin and talked with them. It was nice to see them. We didn't stay long but the girls said that next time we need to take dad.This is a video out sweet Deacon feeling the music in him.

3 comments:

  1. Very cute. Somehow, I always thought a Pow Wow should be outside. I guess at one time it was - haha. I think it is great to show the kids their background and family culture. I can almost picture Josh dancing with them - not pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video is awesome! he does have the moves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My,MY! That would be from me, not Adam! ;)

    ReplyDelete