Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Trick Or Treat Smell My Feet...

On Friday it was Elizabeth's Kindergarten Halloween Party! I was one of the mom helpers and got to go and see Elizabeth in action. It's fun to be able to see how your child acts in an environment that you are not used to seeing her in. I have found that my sweet little girl likes to chase the boys! Yes I said chase the boys. Apparently they were chasing her first and then she decided that to make them stop she would start to chase them! You can't really argue with that logic.
The Party was fun and I got to meet all the kids that I have been hearing about. Here are some pictures from the party....
After the party we went trick or treating to Josh's work. They were having a lunch and the office girls always have treats for the girls. This year I don't know how I did it but I got Josh to play the game and dress up for work, and not just dress up like a superintendent (aka: jeans and a t-shirt). I know, I know I ruined Josh's willingness to dress up after the peter pan costume but now I'm slowing working him back into the idea of dressing up. No tights this year but he did dress up like a golfer!
And can I just say that he makes a darn cute golfer!!! Next year I'm thinking that Him, Adam, and Celeste can dress up as one theme costume. What do you think...Tinker Bell, Captain Hook, and Peter Pan? We will have to slowly work back up to tights! Here is a picture of the whole office staff and the girls...
Saturday Night Josh took the girls out Trick Or Treating while I stayed home to pass out candy. I was sick with a cold so I sort of just handed the bowl of candy over to the kids that would come to the door and have them pick out their candy. I'm sad that I missed seeing the girls trick or treat but it didn't last long anyway after a block and a half or so the girls decided that they got enough candy and were tired and wanted to go home! When Josh got home I was talking outside with some friends of ours and we stayed outside talking, after a while we noticed that Abby was missing. We walked inside and Abby was sitting in the front room with her candy all out stuffing in as much candy as she could before we had a chance to regulate how much she could have...She's of the sort, it's better to ask for forgiveness then to ask for permission. Needless to say Abby was out of candy by Sunday evening and Elizabeth still has more then half her basket full of candy! All and all it has been a fun Halloween season...now the girls are already starting to ask when Christmas is...on to the next holiday!

2 comments:

  1. How fun... I'm like Abby. I eat and eat, and ask my body for forgiveness, but I never seem to get it! And Josh. Wow. Although more flattering then tights :) Isn't it fun to be able to go to the kids parties at school? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a wild and adventurous Halloween. I'm glad you got to help at Elizabeth's party and see her in action at school. So, she is into chasing boys - hum. Wonder where she gets that from? (Nana?) The girls look so cute in their costumes. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete