Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Sometimes Kids Can Surprise You, And Sometimes...Well....

The other day I was driving with my two sweet little angels and my mother. My mom and I were talking about Christmas and what the girls wanted. Abigail has declared that her nana is going to give her the Pottery Barn pink polka dot baby stroller, the baby doll and the babies diaper bag full of the accessories!!! If anyone has ever shopped or looked in a Pottery Barn you know that it's not the cheapest place to go to. My mom and I were talking in the car while the girls where playing in the back seat, I didn't think they were even listening. We were saying that it is going to be a smaller Christmas this year, due to the economy and lack of money, and how expensive the Pottery Barn stuff is. And how she was not going to spend a lot of money on all the grandkids.
Later that day, I was in the car with just me and the girls. Elizabeth said, "Mom, you can tell Nana that all she needs to get me for Christmas is an ornament. That way she can get the baby doll and stroller for Abby!" My heart just melted by my sweet angel's sacrifice for her sister. And then it was quickly brought back into reality by Abby when she just as quickly chimed in to indicate that she thought that was a good idea, because she was getting that baby and stroller!

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet story. This is one you will always want to remember. Thanks for visiting over Thanksgiving. We love all of you and hope to see you again before too long. (Elizabeth promised)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your girls. Crazy how much our 2 oldest are alike and the 2 youngest too... at least we can turn to each other to get advice!!

    ReplyDelete