Monday, June 29, 2009

Keeping Up With The Gurney's!

Background Facts: The Gurney Family is the most wonderful enthusiastic families that I have met up here in Utah. Val and Amy Gurney both work at the office with Josh. My girls love them so much that they will, at times, only come with me to the office if they know that either Val or Amy are there. In fact they even know what car is Val's and if its not there they are very upset!! We have come to know and love these girls and their wonderful family as well.

During this summer season here in Utah each town has its own "Days", with parades and events and things. Now the Gurney's are avid parade goers. They have given us all the information on where the best spots to sit to watch the parades are and where to find the best strawberry shakes and things like that. They even let us sit by them, occasionally. We have only been to two of the parades, Pleasant Grove-two weeks ago and Lehi-last week. The PG parade was good but it rained on us for parts of it, however they did have carnival rides and cute booths and yummy food to eat. The girls enjoyed the rides a bit more then the parade, however they did LOVE seeing all of the different princesses. They had all the different cities royal courts along with all of the different rodeo queens. The girls decided that they liked the princesses with the horses the best and Abby declared that she was going to be a princess when she grows up!! Josh I think liked the yummy food the best. He tried one of everything and was still talking about the food a week later!









The Lehi parade was better to watch. The sun was out and the floats were much better, but they didn't have any rides or any yummy food to eat. This time we sat a little down away from the Gurney's, (I'm still trying to find out what Josh did) but they did stop by us and saw the girls. We weren't sitting alone though, Jake and Lisa came and the girls were so excited to be with Chase and Sydnee. The kids had fun running out and gathering up as much candy that they could before anyone else. I have to say I think Sydnee won that one. I think that she must get it from her mother!









We have had so much fun and we still have more parades to go in this summer season. If the Gurney's allow us we will see them at the next parade!

3 comments:

  1. Man, I have been sooo missing out on all the Gurney Goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No kidding... me too Cory and I friggin' live in Lehi!!!! Oh, well the big Ute Stampede is coming up in Nephi next weekend and we'll be there for sure.... Oh wait. I'll be having a kid, so Jason who loves parades more than the Gurney girls (he'd rather be waterboarded!) will be taking my kiddos by himself! Can the Gurney's be rented out????

    ReplyDelete
  3. parades are awesome! I wish there was yummy food and rides too... I wanna go to the next one when you go! maybe I'll remember to put sunscreen on my knees next time... OUCH! and thanks for giving me the credit of sydnee's-speedy-fast-candy-picking-up-skills :) I just couldn't help myself, I like suckers, ok?!?!!

    ReplyDelete