Thursday, November 18, 2010

3 Months

It has been three months since I was in Colorado and yesterday Josh and I returned for my three month check up. We flew into Denver yearly in the morning. I had two appointments. One to see the doctor and the other to take my memory test for the "Fog Study" that I'm apart of. I love this doctors office everyone is sooo nice and friendly, of course it helps that the girls in the office love Josh and laugh at his really bad jokes!
We first went over a list of questions, of what has improved and how much compared to before the surgery. I have improved so much, and even I didn't realize it until going through the list of things. Then Dr. Oro came in and went over my most recent MRI with me and showed me all the new space that is in my head! He said that it is healing really good and that it will continue to heal and produce more space when the tissue softens, what ever that means. Then we talked about my legs and the problem of them still not always working. He said that I need to still heal, that it takes about a full year to truly heal and when you are talking about nerves and having them repair themselves that it takes a long time. He said that it still can be the Tethered Cord that is making my legs not work but we need to wait and see a little more. He said that I need to start physical therapy to work on strengthening my neck and my legs. I haven't used them properly for so long that they need help. He also advised me to write down a schedule for myself to walk everyday and three times a week do resistance training for my legs with bands. He said that I need to keep my stress down and get a hobby! I loved this part I don't think I have ever had a doctor tell me to get a hobby, it's kinda funny. But now I have an excuse to stop what I'm doing and work on something that I enjoy! He also said that I need to watch what I eat and if I do all of these things and I'm still have progressing leg problems, and are not seeing an improvement that I need to call him back within a few months and we will look at doing something else, i.e. surgery. So I think that I will try this really hard just to avoid going through a surgery again!
I'm doing so much better and getting better each new day. I thought I would show all the pictures of my scare through the months. I have Josh take a picture every so often so I can see what it looks like. It really is growing back so fast that you can't even tell when I have my hair is down.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I am so happy and excited for you. I've tried to call but haven't gotten through. Looking good - I can't believe how fast your hair grows. What did they tell you when the memory test was done? Hope to see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her hair grows fast because she is part Indian! Lol, kidding Carrie. Seriously though, I think your hair grows faster than mine - whats your secret!!! You look great and sound like things are getting easier for you. What is your new hobby? I hope to see you guys at Thanksgiving!!! We miss you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair grew super fast! I'm glad to hear you are healing- yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was SOOO GOOD to finally see you!!! (and that weird hubby of yours ;)) thank you so much for coming up. I miss you. I wish we could do our hobbies together, that is seriously the best therapy! And I wish you could come shake it at some zumba with me!! wouldn't that be awesome? oh, and I think your hair was longer then that even!

    (sorry I was such a space case last night and today. I feel like I have a thousand things on the brain right now, so I'm sure I seemed like I wasn't paying real attention.)

    ReplyDelete